El Campo, Texas Emergency Room
Level 4 Trauma Certified Emergency Room
El Campo, Texas
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Located at 303 Sandy Corner Road, El Campo, Texas.
This Emergency Room serves Wharton County and the surrounding areas. We are approximately 10 minutes from Wharton, Texas, and approximately halfway between Victoria, Texas and Sugarland, Texas. We have quick access near US Hwy 77 and US Hwy 59.
The Emergency Room department of El Campo Memorial is well equipped to treat all types of injuries and illnesses. A Life Flight helipad is located only yards away, and local ambulance services provide patient transportation as well.
El Campo Memorial Hospital offers an emergency room waiting room for family and friends, and has a phone.
24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week
The Texas Department of State Health Services designated El Campo Memorial Hospital as a Level IV Trauma Center in February 2014. The designation is reviewed every three years. To earn the designation, the hospital must have the necessary equipment and resources for trauma cases. Hospital officials review trauma cases every week, giving them the opportunity to deliver care based on best practices of trauma centers across the country. In addition, the hospital staffs and schedules radiology and surgery to treat trauma patients. El Campo Memorial Hospital's Level IV Trauma designation offers the following:
- Basic emergency department facilities to implement advanced trauma life support (ATLS) protocols and 24-hour laboratory coverage.
- Available trauma nurse(s) and physicians available upon patient arrival.
- Critical care or ICU Care 24 hours/7 days per week.
- Has developed transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II or Level III Trauma Center.
- Incorporates a comprehensive quality assessment program.
- Involved with prevention efforts and must have an active outreach program for its referring communities.
- The ability to provide ATLS prior to transfer of patients to a higher level trauma center.
- Evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic capabilities for injured patients.
- The facility meets the "Basic Trauma Facility Criteria"; has appropriate services for dealing with stressful events available to emergency/trauma care providers; and submits data to the Texas EMS/Trauma Registry.
- The Level IV trauma designation is one more way to emphasize to the community that El Campo Memorial Hospital is committed to providing more comprehensive health care.
Going to the Emergency Room?
When a patient visits the El Campo Memorial Hospital Emergency Room, this is what can be expected:
- MEDICAL SCREENING EXAMINATION
- LAB AND X-RAYS IF NEEDED
- If the licensed medical professional determines that the patient DOES NOT HAVE AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL CONDITION, YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
- Being sick or hurting does not necessarily mean an emergent condition
- You can follow up with your family physician.
- An appointment will be made for you at Mid Coast Medical Clinic or your clinic of choice (If after hours the appointment will be for the following business day).
- We will treat your condition here in the emergency room if you wish, but you will first be referred to the emergency department clerk to make definitive financial arrangements which may include any and all of the following:
- Down Payment of $75 for Physician Down Payment of $75 for Hospital Emergency Room Insurance / Co-Pays Verified & Collected Cash or Credit Cards Accepted
- Patients who choose to leave prior to completion of screenings and testing do so at their own risk. If conditions worsen, patients are always welcome to return to the ER.
- NOTE: All patients that are classified as URGENT or EMERGENT will be treated as an emergency patient.
Emergency Room Phone: 979-578-5299