Providing Medical Services to East & West Wharton County
Medical Discount Program
The Medication Assistance Program
Charity Care Program
Medication / Indigent / Charity Program Hours of Operation:
Monday - Fridays: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Office Phone: 979-578-5194
Office Fax: 979-578-5156
(May be out of the office for home visits on occasion)
Office Location: Adjacent to the Emergency Room.
El Campo Memorial Hospital
303 Sandy Corner Road, El Campo
East Wharton County Patients
Assistance with the Program is available on the third and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Wharton County Courthouse Annex D, 315 E. Milam St, Room 104, Wharton, Texas 77488
Applications for the CIHC Program are also available by writing or calling:
Brazos Valley Council of Governments
P.O. Drawer 4128
Bryan, Texas 77805
Applicants Must Provide:
- Completed Indigent or Charity Application for each person applying.
- Proof of All Household Income (wages, self-employment, child support, SSI, Social Security and
- Retirement Benefits, Cash contributions, unemployment benefits, workman's Comp, etc.) for All Household members.
- Current Income Tax Return (forms 1040) and all W-2's
- Valid West-Wharton County ID or DL (mandatory)
- Social Security Card
- Verification of any assistance received such as Food Stamps,
- Medicaid &/or TANF
- Verification of any pending SSI or Social Security
- Administration Applications Copy of Vehicle Titles and /or
- Verification of amount owed for All vehicles listed for all household members
- Current Bank Statements for all Bank Accounts for all Household Members
- Current Electric, Gas or Water bill for residence
- Processing time for an Indigent application is 14 days from the date a completed application is received. (A completed application is considered as an application and all required information).
For More Information
Hours of Operation
(Look for the hanging sign:
'Medication, Indigent and Charity Programs')